My Laptop Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about this? (Sort for lowest price)
Dell Factory Outlet

+

Take $150 off ANY Dell Outlet Latitude E6520 Business Grade LT! Enter 1ZF85F?N4B2ZBX @ checkout: http://del.ly/6017R4oR (Exp2/27,11:59pmCT)

We use the Latitude E6520's at work and the build quality is very nice. They have the Magnesium Alloy lid and I think the silver frame around the edge of that model is Magnesium as well if I remember correctly. They also have really nice keyboards which is always a plus.

I don't have a lot of experience with Lenovos consumer laptops but that looks like it has pretty good specs for the price.

You know how long the coupon is valid for? I saw a nice deal on one, there, but when i wanted to look at it farther, it was already sold...

Edit:

You know if Dell wireless plays well with Linux?

Edit2:

On second thought, I don't really like business class laptops. Don't ask me why, they just look weird, I guess.

You know how long the coupon is valid for? I saw a nice deal on one, there, but when i wanted to look at it farther, it was already sold...

Edit:

You know if Dell wireless plays well with Linux?

Edit2:

On second thought, I don't really like business class laptops. Don't ask me why, they just look weird, I guess.

I set up an E6520 on 11.10 the other day but I'm not sure if it had the Dell or Intel card. Dell is generally pretty linux friendly as the major OEMs go.

The Latitudes do look better in person than the pictures make it seem but I can see why you might not like the look.

Edit: Do you know if a new Wifi card could fix the issue on your Asus? You can usually find good Intel wifi cards on ebay for next to nothing and they work well with Linux.

I couldn't find the thing. It is so embedded within it. So I just say wth with it, RMA. But yeah, I did try opening it, it's not on the bottom, so it has to be under the keyboard somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom