No POST, no beeps on new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know how it works for you Trotter. I've been seeing these FM1 boards and chips but can't justify it in my mind to get any just yet. I've had a few of the FX 4100's and they seem o.k. just an economy pc

I will have to put together a build thread or something. ;)

I'd like to know how it works for you Trotter. I've been seeing these FM1 boards and chips but can't justify it in my mind to get any just yet. I've had
a few of the FX 4100's and they seem o.k. just an economy pc

Joe, the apu units are about 10% weaker than a higher end phenom ii's.
But they make up greatly in media based platforms, gaming a big plus if you know what you are doing and normal computer work.

Your best bet is too look hard at the apu 3670-3680k lineup and relook at the best vote for fx chips from amd and phenom ii x4's-x6's.

Like most everyone guessed the am3 platform is still far better than what amd has brought us to the table last year.

I am debating right now weather I should keep my apu core or not, I wish I could find a hexacore under 110.00 right now.
Selling my new apu isnt worth it for now, because people want it at a unfair low price. :(

If you need the power of work,I would look into a phenom if you dont need a work horse, look at the apu from amd.

Phenoms are still a better chip, no argument on that but they are not cheap either. I try to build economy boxes for grandma and the like for the $300.00 range. I am able to put Antec 520w psu's in them and I can get samsung dvd's for the $16. range. Newegg has a Blackbone case for $35 (when on sale). It's a fairly plain jane case but nobody complains and it's sturdy.
I try to get quantity parts when they go on sale at newegg. Those Antec psu's go for $40. with free ship. I can get 3 at a time so my wife gets 3 also. My back up psu's are the 430w corsairs. I can build with some quality parts so hopefully I'll have some happy clients. These are not gaming rigs and I'm upfront about that too but they can be upgraded with the AM3+ boards. A 4100 FX with a biostar A880GZ board goes for $160. When peeps are looking for cheap in this economy, they do not seem to mind not having usb 3.0 port either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom