Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
This is a new build for a customer.

The components of said build:

Newegg.com - Rosewill R102-P-BK 120mm Fan MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Newegg.com - ASUS F1A75-M LE FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Newegg.com - AMD A6-3650 Llano 2.6GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6530D AD3650WNGXBOX
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW Black 1.5Gbps Model SH-222AL/BSBS LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - ASUS EAH6450 Silent/DI/1GD3(LP) Radeon HD 6450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
Newegg.com - G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBNS
Newegg.com - KINGWIN CF-012LB 120mm Case Fan
I am using a no-name PSU for now as my backup PSU that I was going to use seems to have crapped out while sitting in the closet. The no-name is a working pull BTW.

This thing is giving me no love. Fans all spring to life and graphics card heats up, but I get no beeps through the mobo speaker and no video from either the card's DVI or VGA, or the mobo''s DVI or VGA.

I have pulled the RAM out of the mobo but still get no beeps. I have completely removed the GFX card, nothing. I have jumped the clear jumper and removed the CMOS battery as well, nothing. This case has built-in standoffs so I seriously doubt it is shorting to the case.

I have noticed that I have to hold the power button to shut it off whereas most systems just take a single click of the button while in this state, but that may be neither here nor there.

I am currently out of ideas so I welcome some of yours.

Thanks.

Do all standoffs line up with the holes? Some boards have a different configuration than standard ATX boards.

How much is the PSU Watt/Amp? When all else fails, I'd blame it.

The case came with a speaker.

Yes, the standoffs lined up. Surprisingly well, actually.

I plan on pulling everything apart tomorrow, reseating the CPU, trying a different PSU, etc.

1. remove the video card.
2.unlug the cd/dvd drive
3.remove the gskill ram
4.Turn it on and plug in a speaker to your green jack.

If it comes and signals you that there is no ram, great!
5.Turn off your main pc for now, use the ram from it put it in slot 2 and turn it on again.

If your ufei motherboard is similiar to my bootup, wait for some numbers to appear in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
When you see it tap delete key on a p2 keyboard, if it says please wait on screen your computer is working.

Also when you power up everything make sure you note the hdd spins up and comes on fully and your dvd drive is active.
Once you know its active on the drives, it maybe a issue with your motherboard.

If you dont hear nothing come on, pack it back up and start the rma process.
If youu go through the manufacturer you may have to wait 2 weeks or more for your stuff to come back.

Let me know what happens before tomorrow morning, I might not be near a computer until 3pm if I am lucky.

If you don't find anything and you have tested the above...
I would suspect the CPU. They have a rare rate of DOA, but it does happen.

It looks like the board is defective. I am RMAing it back to NewEgg for replacement. I emailed them to see if they will email me a return shipment label.

It looks like the board is defective. I am RMAing it back to NewEgg for replacement. I emailed them to see if they will email me a return shipment label.

Trotter if you can print out a usps label print one for priority mail package.
Since it weighs 1 pound it should cost you no less than 7.00 total.
Also your mail man will pick it up for you if you know how to put it in a bag and let him grab it.

Also I feel bad for you, but atleast your other components are good, newegg wont take long to rma a better one for you by late next week.

Keep me updated trott by fb or here so I know whats going on with your build.
when I get home in 30 minutes, I'll need a bag of ice before I go out again at 7pm.

+1 for NewEgg's customer support as they have emailed me a shipping label. I will box the mobo up tonight and ship it on the way to work tomorrow.

I will keep things updated, Mike. ;)

I'd like to know how it works for you Trotter. I've been seeing these FM1 boards and chips but can't justify it in my mind to get any just yet. I've had a few of the FX 4100's and they seem o.k. just an economy pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom