Laptop Screen Flickers and goes black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I am really confused with this too. I tried setting both monitors as the main one, but the same issue keep coming up every time I close the lid. A complete re-format may be the easiest fix.

Try getting a Ubuntu Live-CD. Boot with it. Does this happen now? If so, it is software driven.

Also, did you try reinstalling the GFX drivers? Or try a newer driver version?

I ran a copy of Ubuntu and no issue, so it looks like its software driven I guess. There aren't any updates for my graphics driver, should I uninstall it or something?

Ok, Stupid questions, but where do I find what graphics card I have in device manager? For some reason I can't seem to find it.

Not sure if you're still having this problem, but I had the same issue and I think I've got it solved. I had the same exact symptoms. Any vibration would create a flicker on the screen. What I had to do was remove the bezel from the lid and re-seat the inverter board. I suspect that the connection became loose. The inverter board has two cables (one on each end). Once you've got the bezel removed it should expose board. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom