Acer laptop slowed down to a snails pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
Hello, my friend's acer laptop is currently running very very slow. After the loading screen the welcome hangs for a couple minutes. The screen then goes black with the cursor in view for another 6 or 7 ish minutes and then the desktop appears only with the toolbar and a black wallpaper and it takes another couple minutes for the icons to appear.

Then, it just proceeds to freeze after every other action I attempt to do. Open start menu (freeze), resumes, type in cmd (freeze), resumes, etc...

It makes troubleshooting very painful.

Safe mode was the same way.

I suspect corrupt registry/system files and or even driver conflicts?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

What OS are you running?

Have you gone through and done the normal stuff like:
Virus Scan
Malware Scan
Disk Cleanup
Disk Defrag

Also go to msconfig and uncheck everything on the startup tab to see if there is a program causing the issue. If it's truely something corrupt in the registry your best bet is probably going to backup their files and do a system restore off the recovery partition of the PC.

Os is windows 7.

I have already done a scan with malwarebytes and a cleam with cclean; virus/malware free and disk cleanup as well.

I did unselect everything in msconfig and did a restart and it still booted up very very slowly. It's taking minutes just to open "run" or the "cmd". It's quite ridiculous and hard to make any progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom