Monitor brand comparison for response time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan7777

Baseband Member
I've been agonizing over monitor specs and sizes and figure it's going to come down to what brand of Monitor. I was conflicted on 5ms vs 2ms (4 gaming) but Goggling this just brought up alot of threads of people disagreeing if it makes a difference or not. Some people where saying depending on the brand the brand, a low ms response time could still have ghosting.

The computer store I trust most with brand selection have these major brands available. I would like any feedback on which ones can be trusted most on how accurate their specs, like response time, would be:

ACER
ASUS
BENQ
LG
NEC
PHILIPS
SAMSUNG
VIEWSONIC

I'm looking at this ASUS at $194, but so many of that brand are discounted on the site it makes me wonder if that's the bargain brand with poor picture quality?

Canada Computers | LCD/LED Monitors | Asus VS248H-P, 24" Full HD LED SLIM Widescreen Monitor, 1920x1080, 2ms(GtG), 50,000,000M:1(ASCR), D-Sub and HDMI

Thanks Ryan

IMO, a few ms won't make a huge difference. All mine are 5ms, and I don't notice any ghosting.

I'd go with Samsung (only the higher grade), ASUS, and Acer. In that order. It's what I know works well.

Why not try NCIX.com, tigerdirect.ca or Newegg.ca?

Are Tigerdirect.ca and Newegg.ca stores I can trust with my credit card info? Have you shopped there? I'm a little weary about that, 'cause how are you supposed to know who is a real company and who just has a web-page up you know? I feel safer buying from a store chain I've been to in person. But thanks for the Newegg.ca tip. I've been going to the .com version 'cause they have that awesome spec search function! So now I'll try Newegg.ca.

The ASUS is the only one I could find at 24" LED, 2ms, 300 brightness, HDMI at my store.
If you're saying ASUS isn't a bad risk then I'll put that one on the "contender list".

There is also this Viewsonic at 2ms. My very first monitor was a Viewsonic so I know it's an amazing company but this one here has only 250 brightness...I have 300 on my old one
and I like to stick with what I'm used to.

Viewsonic » VX2453mh-LED

Maybe I'll look at some 5ms now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom