Constant reboots, overheating, display driver failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, back to working with the CPU fan then. I'll try the four drop technique suggested by Mike-Techno-Thug. Thanks!

EDIT: Should I maybe use different thermal paste? Mine is the "ceramic type".

Something else is wrong I feel, it's not just that it's an overheat condition, it's the fact something is stuck saying it overheats instantly... Have you tried to reset BIOS/CMOS to default? Most all thermal pastes will be fine for stock applications...

Could be I have it plugged into the wrong spot? I'll double check the manual I found online for this motherboard and then post back with pictures of my motherboard, could be that I screwed something up when plugging everything in.

EDIT:
Something else is wrong I feel, it's not just that it's an overheat condition, it's the fact something is stuck saying it overheats instantly... Have you tried to reset BIOS/CMOS to default? Most all thermal pastes will be fine for stock applications...

I'll try this once I can get it to send a signal to my monitor again! Thanks.

You don't need to send a signal to your monitor for a BIOS reset.

Will the methods on this page work?

Reset BIOS without BIOS screen - General-Homebuilt - Homebuilt-Systems

Toms Hardware said:
Easy way to do this, which will work regardless of what motherboard you have, flip
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]the [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]switch[/FONT][/FONT]
on your power supply to off(0) and remove the silver button
battery
on the motherboard for 30 seconds, put it back in, turn the power supply back on, and boot up, it should reset you to
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]factory [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]defaults[/FONT][/FONT]

Let's add a couple items to be sure it works. First, when you remove the button battery with no power cord attached, also look on the mobo for a set of 3 pins that say "BIOS Reset". Move the jumper on two pins to the other two pins for about 10 sec, then move it back to its "normal" position. THEN replace the button battery and restore power.

This will reset the BIOS. BUT just to be sure it has a good set of parameters to work with, you really should deliberately load in a set. As soon as you power up, go into BIOS Setup and look at one of the last tabs / screens for a place to Load one of several possible configurations. Load the Factory Default or Optimized Default set. Then Save and Exit to finish booting.

As tritinofg said, you will also have to re-set any custom settings you had before once this is up and running.

Having the fan the wrong direction could cause an overheat I think, that's blowing up instead of down....or if your cpu fan is not plugged into the cpu fan header (system fan header by mistake) the board might get a false signal and shut down too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom