Could anyone tell me which is better for gaming, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoSickMinded

Beta member
Acer AX1920-UR20P Desktop PC:

• Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 processor
    3.2GHz, 2MB L2 Cache
    4GB of DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)
    1TB SATA hard drive
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD
OR

Acer AX1420G-U5832 Desktop PC:

• AMD Athlon II X4 Quad-Core 645 processor
    3.1GHz, 2MB Cache
    1TB SATA hard drive
    Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Graphics
I'm lacking the skill/hardware/funds to build my own computer, so I'd like to buy one of these for gaming, but I'm not sure which is better, so please help me out and clarify which I should get and why it's better than the other.

Acer AX1420G-U5832 Desktop PC:
AMD Athlon II X4 Quad-Core 645 processor
3.1GHz, 2MB Cache
1TB SATA hard drive
Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Graphics
I'm lacking the skill/hardware/funds to build my own computer, so I'd like to buy one of these for gaming, but I'm not sure which is better, so please help me out and clarify which I should get and why it's better than the other.

I would have you get this, Intel media accelerator isnt worth nothing for games, but basic home and office tasks and other stuff.
The amd one with the geforce isn't that hot either, but you can put in a better graphics card and adjust it to your liking.
That quadcore should do you fine, not unless a games requirement is over that of a athlon ii quadcore which isnt noticed very much.

Whats the price difference between the 2, simliar hardware but different speeds and feel for the chipsets are what really count.
If your going to be highly productive on a computer and do some light gaming, I would look into a new core i3 or core i5 build for your needs.

If you cannot build it yourself, have a friend you can trust personally to assemble it with you helping out. :)

Good luck on it.

Just letting you know when you buy computers like that from acer and stuff their psu is generally low so if you ever decided to add a graphics card you might have to add a psu as well.

Agreed with 1st reply. This isn't much of a mid-range gaming system.....(not stated) but it really isn't even close. But, its better that you at least have some kind of graphics card.

The tech used in both computers is about 4 to 6 years old. What's really holding you back here is your integrated video. I agree with the Quad-Core over Dual-Core. These two choices are going to be seriously overshadowed by new tech in about 2 years from now. If you're going to get either one, go Quad-Core and find a good vid card (recommending a Radeon HD 6870 for that AMD processor...). Even then, your latest game of choice will be StarCraft 2 on low-medium settings. What games are you trying to play?

Just letting you know when you buy computers like that from acer and stuff their psu is generally low so if you ever decided to add a graphics card you might have to add a psu as well.

Just about every computer manufacturer uses a low quality power supply. Some of the worst ones have been HP, Gateway, and Emachines.

@SoSickMinded
Are you willing to build a computer? What is your budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom