Upgrading help/ low performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypete1001

Beta member
Hi, I am looking to upgrade my computer, either my processor or video card. I do like to game, however not the most demanding games. I play tribes 1 and some other games that dont require alot of top notch software, however, even these games arnt working well on my computer anymore. Here are my stats:

Pentium III 800 mhz
512mb RAM
Windows Xp pro
Radeon 7500 64mb
Cable internet, 1880 kbps

For some reason, even games like tribes 1 are becoming very laggy, and its definetly not the internet connectiong. Any suggestions for upgrade or anything else would be greatly appriciated, thanks alot everyone

If your games are suddenly laggy, then it could be spyware/viruses. Have you checked your system at all? Go to Google and search for "Spybot Search & Destroy". Make sure you use the program's update function before you run a scan.

You would be better off getting a new motherboard/processor/memory. You can always use the graphics card, case, floppy drive, cd-rom drive you have now and cut costs.

You`ed be better off saveing some money and get another system.But a better video card would increase your performance gameing wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom