Gaming Mouse Pad Help/Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

So really ever since the end of the old fashion "ball" mice (or whatever they're technically called) I haven't ever really used a mouse pad. However, now that I am gaming a lot more and doing it primarily on a PC I think it would be a good idea to get one. Obviously though, since I haven't used one since the good ole' days I figured I'd get some suggestions from some of the other gamers out there.

First, I primarily play MMOs, if that makes any kind of difference in the type of pad I should be looking for.

Second, there are the hard and soft versions out nowadays what do you prefer and why? What are the differences between the two?

Third, do any of you have the mouse pads with wrist rests/pads? Do they actually add any comfort for you? I feel like it might just get in the way but would like to hear from any of you that might have a version with one.

Other than that if there is anything else worth noting please let me know. Suggestions are definitely welcome.

Thanks!

I use this one:
Newegg.com - Mionix Propus 380 Gaming Mouse Pad

It is a combo of hard and soft. The mat is flexible but not foldable. The surface is solid and not cloth. The underside is rubber (or something very close) so it has a touch of give and does not move. Plus the size is about right... not tooo small and not too big. And you can't beat it for $20.

I used to use a Razer eXactMat. They no longer make that one, but I think they do a new version in white, but it is made of plastic instead of aluminum. Hmmm... NewEgg has the white one, but Razer's site has a black one (for $8 more).
Newegg.com - RAZER Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat
Razer Vespula - Gaming Mouse Pad | Razer Online Store

I prefer a rigid mat. I guess it is personal preference, though.

I can't seem to use a wrist rest with a mouse. I had one with my eXactMat that I used for a couple of days and then tossed in the closet.

I went through a lot of research a ways back on this subject before I bought the eXactMat and have now moved to the Propus 380.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom