Building a home theater system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
I would really like to build a home theater system that I can hook up to my big plasma TV and use for surround sound, watching movies on blue-ray or dvd, listen to music and be able to use as a computer also. Is this possible? I would like to fit it all in a mini case so it doesn't look like a computer. A case something like this...Newegg.com - APEX MI-008 Black Steel Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case 250W Power Supply.

If it is possible, would someone mind helping me out with the components i will need to complete this project?

P.S. I posted in a different forum topic but I probably should have posted here instead.

Why not just buy a HTPC instead? There are so many options in the market now. It might be even cheaper than building your own HTPC:wink_tongue:

Why not just buy a HTPC instead? There are so many options in the market now. It might be even cheaper than building your own HTPC:wink_tongue:

The same reason we build PCs. They are specifically tailored to our needs, and use quality parts. Also, building teaches you how to fix your computer as well. Custom PCs (HTPCs too) are also more upgrade friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom