USB trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK devilish,I'm gonna buy a USB hub........in your Super Techie opinion I have a 2.0?

ok,...your os detected the scanner,..thats good,..what bad is that file...i don't know what this file is either,...whether its a system file or not.

if its an installation file,..you can just get installation files files from the manufacturer or something,..download fro their website or other sources in the net.

if the scanner worked( meaning it installed w/o problems) in other similar system(same os), then then its a system file...if this is the case you might want to reinstall XP...or do diagnostics with the OS(find if anything else is not working correctly).

whats the scanner a.... 6600,..thats HP right?

iT'S A vISSIONNER oNE tOCH 6600 SCANNER AND i'VE BEEN TO THAT WEBSITE LOOKING FOR THAT FILE AND THEY ARE CLUELESS TOO! i HAD A FRIEND INSTALL MY w/xp, he searched his PC and couldn't find that file either!(oops on typing)

Ruben said:
OK devilish,I'm gonna buy a USB hub........in your Super Techie opinion I have a 2.0?

its a 2 in my OPINION :) ,..doesn't necessary mean I'm correct...another thing you might want to consider is look at your motherboard manual( if you have it) and look at the specs.....if you don't have it,..thenagain,..you'd have to go and surf for your specs...this is always the safest way that you'll know if you indeed have a usb 2 ...or not.

i''ll do some searching myself..and see what i can find for you, buddy!:)

I don't have a manual but I do have the master CD for this PC.what is an OS u keep mentioning? Is it another word for PC?

OS is Operating System....you might have valuable info in that cd,...when you say you have the master cd,...you mean to say you have like the manual of the entire pc ? does it include the driver for your mobo?if you do,..then you probably have the answer to your usb problem.

The CD says "this CD-ROM contains software for backup puposes only". and the other says Packard Bell Navigator and I have had Wizard search them for the file and cudn't find it .

don't use the cd to find the scanner file,..because its not there,...those cds are from the manufacturer of the pc,...look up for your system specs in those cd...so that you'll know what components are inside your pc and what other hardware are compatible it.

about the scanner files,...you can try and look for other installation disks and see whether they will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom