Hard Drive issues-Newer to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A7Xthebest

Beta member
I built a Computer a couple of years ago under the supervision of a friend with whom I am no longer acquainted. Long story short, I had to replace my MASTER Hard Drive ad V-Card this last week.

As a precursor I should say that ORIGINALLY I had Win 7 but went with Win 7 Ultimate on the new Master Drive.

Issue I am having: I can't access any of the approx. 1 TB worth of Files I have on my SLAVE Hard Drive. I haven't even TRIED to access/transfer anything from my Master Drive.

I googled the issue and got a couple of suggestions:

1. Reassign a Drive Letter-which I did and it did not work.

2. Ensure that the BIOS Settings on the drive were the same as when I first built the computer. I switched them back and forth for both my new Master Drive and my Slave Drive and nothing.

As I said in the title, I really am pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff. So any help here would be HOT.

-Xander

Click on Start, in the search, type "Computer Management" with out quotes, open that program. Now click on Disk Management. What does it show for your 1TB drive? Does it say RAW?

Also, what errors do you get when trying to access your "slave" drive?

Layout: Simple Type: Basic File System: NTFS

I do not get an error at all. I simply open the drive from my Computer and it says "This Folder is empty."

was the old slave drive connected when you installed your windows 7 ultimate and did you format any drives when you did the install?

It WAS connected but I did NOT format any drives...is there a way to make sure it wasn't done for me?

Well... It was formatted somewhere... If it's not showing as RAW, and shows nothing there...

When you right click on it, does it say that there is any space being used?

Okay, I see this issue is pretty much closed but I am a bit confused.

I'm just throwing a pic in in case I am missing anything.

And as a side question: My OLD Master Drive was not connected to my computer when I was booting the new version of Win. Yet I cannot access the files from that drive either. I am 100% sure I did not format that drive!

This is my slave drive:

right click on your hard drive, click properties, go to the security tab, click edit under the users/groups window.
now add EVERYONE as an user.
click apply and ok - repeat as necessary.
now in the security tab, make sure EVERYONE has full control.
now you should be able to access the hard drive.

PS, your image does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom