Best Triple Monitor Stand??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

Before I get too far into this just so you know I'll be using 23" monitors.

I bought a Tyke Supply Super Triple Monitor Stand a little while back and finally set it up a day or two ago. While I love having the triple monitors plus the extra space and feel of having them on a stand I don't like the straight arm design of it. Basically, I'd like to have the two monitors on either side of the center one kind of wrap around the center one. Here is a picture of what I mean:

View attachment 5118

One of the stands (in the picture above) that looks like it would work perfect is the XFX FXTRISTAND. It seems to have a lot of great features like the wire management, positioning of the monitors, etc. However, there are some disadvantages first the price. It is probably the most expensive triple monitor stand I've seen. Second, I've heard the base is ridiculously large. Then there were some other complaints I heard about it being a pain at times to adjust monitors the way you want them.

I'd also like the stand to have a base instead of being a desk clamp model like my current one. It works fine with my current desk but the desk I plan to use the next one on isn't thick enough. Tyke Supply definitely seems to have the best prices and they have a curved arm version with a base but I know you get what you pay for so I don't want to get it and have it turn out to not look or I guess I should say customize it the way I'd like.

So I was just wondering what stands you could suggest that are relatively well priced and would accomplish what I'm looking for. That is triple monitor stand, holds at least 23" screens, has a base not a desk clamp, and can accomplish the look I'm going for such as the above picture.

Thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

• xfx_stand.jpg
    xfx_stand.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 358
Thanks for the suggestions.

I am looking for a triple monitor stand though (not dual) that will support at least 23" monitors. I found another Tyke Supply Free Standing Triple Stand with a curved arm but cannot seem to find any pictures of it with monitors on it. I sent them an e-mail to see if they could send me a picture of one with monitors already attached to see if it would accomplish what I'm looking for. Since, while you can extend the arm it doesn't look like you can do much else like adjust the angle of the curve (if you get what I'm trying to say).

They definitely seem to be the company with the best priced stands. It kind of shocks me how expensive these stands are to be honest but what are you going to do.

Thanks again and if anyone has any more suggestions please keep them coming.

Well I ended up making my decision. I found an pretty amazing deal on the XFX FXTRISTAND Triple Monitor Stand so I'm going with it. It is the one I really wanted but the price was just too steep but the deal I found I couldn't pass up.

I would just make my own "stand" in the end... xD

Then again, I am not one that likes spending huge money on something that looks "professional".

I would just make my own "stand" in the end... xD

Then again, I am not one that likes spending huge money on something that looks "professional".

Unfortunately, God did not bless me with any kind of crafting abilities. So I'd probably fail miserably if I tried to build my own stand.

I am seriously thinking about buying this, Hex Monitor Stand. Holds 6 LCD monitors. for my self though, CHEAP, and I plan on having ~6 monitors very soon...

I don't even wan't to know why I double posted... Ugh... -.-

Yeah, for the price it is kind of hard to beat Tyke Supply and having 6 monitors would be pretty awesome. I'm pretty sure my Crossfired AMD HD6970s can run six monitors if I buy some additional accessory. However, I just don't think I'd ever really have the need for 6 monitors, although, triple monitors along with a TV (so 4 displays) would be ideal. Which I think I can do without having to buy that extra piece of equipment.

I'll probably end up buying also buying the Tyke Supply Free Standing Triple Monitor Stand with the curved arm. For one, so that I can just see how the monitors end up getting positioned and the price is so good. If I do end up doing that I'll make sure to take a picture and post it here for anyone that might be interested.

I would use 6 only for one reason, one for TV programs, another one to monitor particular things on my network, my main screen, then the top ones would be for remote access to other machines on my network, or for keeping an eye on something random. Just a "far off dream" since I would need a new GPU to push 6 monitors, but I would always have the ability to upgrade later on. I think a single eyefinity card can push 6 monitors provided you have the right cables....

I saw this post and definitely interesting in seeing the set up. I am in the process of doing the same - 3 24" monitors and looking for the best deal/set up. Thanks for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom