intel D865GSA-Desktop board

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinjujoseph

Beta member
I am using an Intel D865GSA-Desktop board, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz, 1 GB RAM, 500GB Hard disk. I was using windows 7 OS. I wanted to install windows 2003 server for testing. Inserted the CD-changed the boot priority to boot from CD- Formatted the Hard disk by normal format- (was not able to do a quick format)- setup files were copied-then the system was getting ready to restart-after restarting the intel logo screen came-but from there onwards nothing happens.

I gave a restart by ctrl+alt+del while pressing F2 nothing happens, Again did the same and pressed DEL. A black screen was seen showing the motherboard ver, bios ver, ram and processor details, legacy keyboard connected, legacy mouse connected, usb enabled..

At the bottom of the screen it is written"starting setup" press F12 to boot from network. But nothing is happening after that.

I removed the ram- cleaned it and then re inserted it..but no change..instead the monitor display didnt show the characters properly.

I also removed the cmos battery and reinserted it..but no effect

please help me with this issue ..because..i am not able to boot with windows 7 now

Make sure you clear the bios properly, remove the cmos battery AND the power cord in the back of the pc, press the power button on the front to drain any residual charge in the system, then put everything back in and try booting.

Double check the settings in the bios for the hdd as well, set it to AHCI if you can.

I removed the CMOS battery and pressed the power on switch. I disconnected the hard disk- now the post is functioning with the beep-the bios is working-cd drive detected- so there may be a problem with hard disk or hard disk cable I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom