Free up space secretly used up by Google Chrome on Windows.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
I love Google Chrome browser. It is fast, relatively lightweight and has a vast extensions library.

Google Chrome is one of the best browsers today. But did you know Google Chrome is secretly eating up precious space on your spanking new SSD?

Whenever Chrome updates itself, which it just did a couple days ago, you don't notice it because everything is seamless. It is another I like Chrome. But did you know it keeps old version of itself?

Here is how you can free up space by deleting old versions of Google Chrome;

Step 1,

Click on start menu and type in "run"

rgmuL.jpg

Step 2,

Click on run, and a little window should pop up

12YgR.jpg

Step 3,

Assuming you installed chrome to the default location, enter the following string command,

Code:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application

and hit enter.

Step 4,

Now you can see that I have 2 versions of Google Chrome,

F0nPH.jpg

If you have been using Chrome for awhile, you may have more than 2 versions, simply delete the old version(s) folder to free up space.

by deleting the old version 16 of Google Chrome, I just freed up 81 Mb of space.

auIIp.jpg

Did not know that about Chrome. Not a ton of space taken up, but good to know. Thanks for posting this!

Wow, that's great to know thanks for sharing. I am addicted to bargain hunting and online shopping and there are great resources but to find the best sites, I do extensive searching and managing using Chrome.

This should help.

Thanks for the info and the tutorial! Chrome is pretty awesome, but it always does so many behind the scenes things sometimes you have to wonder. Still its nicer then having WINDOWS WILL RESTART FOR UPDATES every five minutes haha

Back
Top Bottom