Bizarre Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Residue

Baseband Member
I just built my computer and I have run into something that just leaves me confused. If I press the power button the computer will try to turn on for a few seconds and then everything just shuts down. Once everything shuts down I can't try turning it back on unless I shut off the power supply and then turn it back on.

Here's where it gets bizarre.

If I turn on my computer and then immediately hit the button to open my blu-ray drive the computer won't shut off. I don't know what the hell that could mean. I've never heard of that happening before.

EDIT: Not related to the shutdown, but when I took my 1TB HDD out of my old computer and put it in the new one the HDD shows up as System Reserved (G: ) instead of Local Drive (G: ) and it says 71.8MB free of 99.9MB. Um, what?

What PSU do you have? I would blame that.

You are seeing the recovery partition. You are not actually seeing the main part of the drive. You need to initialize the C:/ partition of it. In Disk Management.

Rosewill isn't exactly a reputable brand. Even with the high price.

Why do you need 800W? Unless you are running SLI/Xfire, you do not need that much. Get the Corsair TX650 R2.

My motherboard had the power connectors right next to the cpu, chassis, and power fan connectors. I figured out that if I just unplugged the power supply from the cpu, chassis, and power fan connectors part of the motherboard then it works just fine. Is that still an issue with the power supply, or with the motherboard?

I found the culprit. My motherboard has a switch that says "LN2_Mode" that is on by default. It turns out that is for liquid nitrogen cooling or something. I turned that off and the power issue went away. Everything is works perfectly fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom