Need advice on a gaming headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devinwesolowski

Baseband Member
Im just starting to look into a new gaming headphone, i am a hardcore WoW raider and long hours of wearing my $12 walmart mic is actually pretty painful on the ears. (its one of the cheap plastic rap around the back of your head and supported on ears ones) Now im young, so i normaly jump into buying something pretty and flashy. Now im willing to spend up to around $100, as of right now ive found

PC Gaming Headset with 5.1 Surround Sound | Ear Force Z6A | Turtle Beach

I'm completely open to any suggestions i figure the majority of you here know much more then i do.

Also this is what i have now:
jWIN Polaroid PC Headphone with Microphone - Walmart.com

Im just starting to look into a new gaming headphone, i am a hardcore WoW raider and long hours of wearing my $12 walmart mic is actually pretty painful on the ears. (its one of the cheap plastic rap around the back of your head and supported on ears ones) Now im young, so i normaly jump into buying something pretty and flashy. Now im willing to spend up to around $100, as of right now ive found

PC Gaming Headset with 5.1 Surround Sound | Ear Force Z6A | Turtle Beach

I'm completely open to any suggestions i figure the majority of you here know much more then i do.

Also this is what i have now:
jWIN Polaroid PC Headphone with Microphone - Walmart.com

I have turtle beaches and love them, but it's really what fits you and what you like.

Turtle Beach X11's is the best headset for what your looking for in price range. But as for a "True Surrond sound I would get a pair of Astro A40's, but they cost 200$ so a little expensive. Thats not to say the sound quality is bad on the turle beachs. Most headsets over 100$ are good regardless of the brand but it really doesn't matter.

Turtle Beach X11's is the best headset for what your looking for in price range. But as for a "True Surrond sound I would get a pair of Astro A40's, but they cost 200$ so a little expensive. Thats not to say the sound quality is bad on the turle beachs. Most headsets over 100$ are good regardless of the brand but it really doesn't matter.

I would second the Astro A40's. I have a pair myself and absolutely love them but they start at $200.00 from their website. You might be able to find them a little bit cheaper if you search around or maybe find a used pair. They also have the Astro A30's which start at $120.00 but I have not tried or heard anything about them but Astro is a quality company so I am sure they are pretty good.

I'd maybe check out some reviews on the A30's and see if you like the look of them. I like my A40s so much I'm considering buying another pair except the wireless ones this time around.

This one is one weekend express for $70.00

Newegg.com - Creative 70GH014000002 3.5mm / USB2.0 Connector Circumaural Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma Headset

I will also check out the ones you suggested Trotter- Hey - I think I fixed the PC issues that made me have to quit the other night- my bios somehow got set to 4.8Mhz without anything else changed in the bios to run the CPU that fast- it was amazing that the PC was running at all.

Checked out The Koss 49's - for $30 they may do the job- just not sure they are "good enough" - have cheaper Logitechs now and they are complete crap at any directional sound. I really want to get a step up in that aspect and well as comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom