Custom build ... Won't boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sick`

Solid State Member
I just finished putting together a custom built computer. I've double checked all connections, reset the CMOS and CMOS battery. It powers on, fans power, CD drive spins up, but absolutely nothing else happens. No CMOS boot screen, nothing. Monitor acts as if it's not even connected to anything. I have tried 2 different monitors and even grabbed a VGA-DVI adapter to see if the VGA connector on the mobo was bad. Here's the setup:

BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000.D HDS721050DLE630 (0F13178) 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Rosewill RD400-2-DB 400W ATX V2.2 Power Supply

AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX455WFGMBOX

LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM

Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model CT2KIT51264BD1339

I have consulted 2 of my friends who work on computers often. One thinks it's a bad chipset on the mobo and the other thinks it's dead RAM. What do yall think?

Try only one stick of RAM, and try cycling the RAM through the ram slots.

Already tried that. I've broken it down to the bare necessities: CPU, CPU fan, 4-pin CPU connector, 24-pin mobo connector, and 1 stick of RAM. Still, nothing. Powers up, but that's all.

Then I would bet that it's the motherboard. It could be the CPU as well, but it's quite rare to get a non functional CPU from any maker.

Then I would bet that it's the motherboard. It could be the CPU as well, but it's quite rare to get a non functional CPU from any maker.

I'm fairly certain the CPU is fine, as it heats up when the power is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom