had 912 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcbuilder

Baseband Member
I had an Ida to mod my haf 912 case.
My idea was to buy a monitor and a tv wall mount, than screw the wall mount into the side of the case so that the side of the case turned into a monitor.
Would this work or would the screws run into the panel behind the motherboard?

I'd be concerned more about the metal bending.. Monitors and monitor stands can get very heavy :tongue:

I don't see why it wouldn't work.. just use different screws that will work :tongue: I would do it with nuts and bolts

What you could do to make sure it doesn't fall over is to install the mount on the opposite side of the monitor. So if you want to look at the monitor the mount would be mounted to the backside. You might need to add some extra bracketing material but I think that'd be a neat mod.

As far as the screws going into the motherboard plate, just put the mounting bracket in, screw it down and then take a dremel and cut the screws down so they don't touch the mobo cause that'd be kinda bad. haha

Guys he's talking about a 932. It's a steel case. No worries on the metal bending there. I'd say go for it. Just get the lightest LED/LCD monitor you can along with a dynex wall mount.

Guys he's talking about a 932. It's a steel case. No worries on the metal bending there. I'd say go for it. Just get the lightest LED/LCD monitor you can along with a dynex wall mount.
Where did you read that hes talking about a 932?
Also, the irregular shape of the 932s side panel would make mounting a monitor difficult.
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0, Black Interior and Four Fans-1x 230mm front RED LED fan, 1x 140mm rear fan, 1x 230mm top fan, and 1x 230mm side fan

I would be concerned about the tower being unbalanced. It may stand up, but it will be quite side heavy. If it stands up, it would be easy to knock down.

If he has a 932, it would still be difficult to mount. The link you provided uses a case with a perfectly flat side panel. Look at the HAF 932.
http://techgage.com/reviews/cooler_master/haf_932/cm_haf932_02_thumb.jpg
Regarding the case you linked, hes talking about modding his case, not buying a new one :p

If he has a 932, it would still be difficult to mount. The link you provided uses a case with a perfectly flat side panel. Look at the HAF 932.
http://techgage.com/reviews/cooler_master/haf_932/cm_haf932_02_thumb.jpg
Regarding the case you linked, hes talking about modding his case, not buying a new one :p

I know all that... I was showing it for reference. If he's even close to me, I work better with pretty pictures. And that nice little design on the 932 would be easy to beat out with ball-peen hammer; You're not going to see it anyway once the monitor is in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom