USB trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruben

Baseband Member
I have a Packard Bell,AMD-K6-2 proc.,4 GB,96 MB.
I have 2 USB's on the PC and a USB card. When I plug hardware in any of them the PC does not find anything.I plugged in a webcam,1st I installed the drivers thru a CD,I have W/XP and the webcam is XP compatible and it is a 1.1 interface.I go thru Wizard and it searches for new hardware but does'nt find it. I borrowed a scanner with a power supply of it's own and when I turn PC on it says "new hardware found 6600 USB scanner",it tries to install it and at the last it says "vizMIcro.dll file not found,type a path to folder location". I go thru search all files for vizMicro and there is none.I have searched the web and asked around and no one seems to know that file!.Is it possible that my USB hardware has to have it's own power source? I bought this PC at a garage sale and it works fine with all the other ports except thru USB ports.
All help is appreciated !

most of the time, unless the device is very low power, yes, they will have to have their own power source, also check to see if any of the devices are usb 2.0, they wont work with 1.1

Ruben,....

its an old pc,..you might want to check with its previous owners they had encountered the same thing.

dethangel, just saw your sig,...LOL! i want that one too!

dethangel, i saw ur sig too and check the best buy creation station center cause u can build a P4 3.2 gig for 1300 bucks.

The scanner I borrowed is a 2.0,the webcam is a 1.1,I know the webcam works because I installed it in another PC to make sure that it did. Can I buy a usb box with it's own power source to make it work? How do I check to see if my USB's are 1.1 or 2.0 ?

so,...your scanner works on your current pc, except that it has bad installation files? am i right? but your webcam doesnt?

if your OS detected your usb 2 scanner,...then you have usb 2...that explains why your webcam doesn't work...

correct me if i'm wrong but this is what i think.

if the scanner was detected then you should have no trouble making usb devices run with your pc,..it just depends on whether you have a usb 2 or .1 device

Scanner doesn't actually work,the PC recognizes it as new hardware and tries to install and then it asks for the file so it doesn't finnish installing. It cannot find the webcam and apparently it is low power cuz it does work on my sons PC.

Ok devilish,that sounds logical to me but what da HEC is a vizMIcro.dll file ?

btw,..since you have an old pc..you might want to consider buying a usb hub with its own power supply..power is very critical in pc hardware management...

again,..usb versions come into play when buying a hub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom