Sell or upgrade, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne99

Baseband Member
Ok, so this is what I have sitting in my old recreation room (covered in giant ziploc bag essentially lol) Anyway.. a console gamer friend of mine just asked if I could sell him this build, I haven't really gotten alot of use out of it so I would like to see it off, sadly its been powered off and tucked away due to the fact I had been working nonstop when I first got it and than I ended up getting my current radeon build when I was free (<3 Hafx).. anyhow I want to sell this but I really don't know its worth anymore seeing as everything PC depreciates the second its made. What could be upgraded in this? and whats its current worth is my question. I know I would like to change the cpu however as well as Xp Pro...... its pretty outdated.

Antec 900
Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracers (2x2GB)
EVGA 750i SLI FTW
xfx geforce GTX 285 1gb/2.48
seagate barracude 7200/300GB
Intel Q6600
Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620W

(recently turned it on and it ran SC2/DoW2 fine no problems after patching)

That Q6600 is a beast of a CPU. I used to have one. Overclock that baby, and it'll purr like a kitten.

Adding up the parts, I came up with about $300. Taking everything at around 65% below retail.

If you clean it up and get everything updated and such... you could get 500 off of it on craigslist, or 400 from a friend.

On here you wouldn't get much.

If you clean it up and get everything updated and such... you could get 500 off of it on craigslist, or 400 from a friend.

On here you wouldn't get much.
Maybe people will have more money around where he lives. I couldn't get 500 for my setup. If your friend thinks it's worth it to him then I would personally sell it to him for around 300 or 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom