Razer Naga doesn't track intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.

wholegrain

Solid State Member
I have to unplug the USB cable and reconnect in order to make it work properly again.

I installed the latest driver.

I also disabled energy-cutting measures.

The problem began like just today.

It has been like 1.5 year that I bought the mouse.

The other Razer mouse works perfectly.

Hmmm... IDK... can only speculate... but my ideas are maybe a faulty driver (try older one)... or possibly a dirty USB connector.

Are you trying both mice in the same port?... might be a port issue.

the mouse started behaving weirdly before i even plugged the second mouse. i don't think it's the driver since i didn't install a new driver for a while.

the mouse started behaving weirdly before i even plugged the second mouse. i don't think it's the driver since i didn't install a new driver for a while.

I meant like are you plugging the mouse that is working into the port that the non-working mouse was in... because if not, then the port you were using for the non-working mouse may need cleaning or not be functioning properly.

Oh boy!

I purchased one of these last week – mine lasted 3 days before I had a similar problem.
First I experienced the same thing you did – computer was simply not responding to the mouse.
After re-booting and fiddling around with the switch (wireless to wired mode) I got the mouse to work. Worked ok for about half a day then the pointer began to be intermittently unresponsive to the point where the mouse became unusable.
I don't know what possessed my to buy this POS. I've had 3 different Razer products in the past – all have been duds.

I'm determined not to let myself fall for their marketing BS again.

Guess it's the mouse.

Don't buy their ****ty product, guys.

One person's experience does not merit judgement for an entire companies products, or even that single product.
This reminds me of why many used to post about Logitech Headsets being garbage and breaking. The problem with 90%+ of the headsets was the user. The users were yanking the headsets out by the cord and not by the USB connection . This caused the USB chip or a wire to break inside, thus breaking the headset.
Razer sells a large volume of mice. Like any company that sells a large volume of anything, it's easy to find people complaining, especially online.

Also, the quote you posted sounds like a driver related issue, or a broken wire from the aforementioned scenario.

I never had a single mouse become unusable after 5 years and that cost a fortune.

I got the mouse working for a few hours after i reconnected it while pressing the left, right buttons and the wheel

I never had a single mouse become unusable after 5 years and that cost a fortune.

I got the mouse working for a few hours after i reconnected it while pressing the left, right buttons and the wheel

Have you contacted Razer about the issue?

Razer shows the Naga as being on firmware updater v1.13.

Also, see if this applies to you:

Q: Sometimes my Razer product does not work at startup after a cold start?
A: Make sure your ports are not going into hibernation mode. Check the following:
- Right click on the My Computer icon and choose Properties.
- Click on the Hardware tab.
- Click the Device Manager button.
- Click on the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Right click on any Root Hub and choose Properties.
- Click the Power Management tab and make sure there is NO CHECK in "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"
- Click the OK button and do this for each Root Hub.
- Next, click on Start and Control Panel.
- Double click on Power Options.
- Click the Hibernation Tab and uncheck Enable hibernate support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom