message asking to hit f1 on start up imminent hardware failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarasa1989

Beta member
So I left my laptop on for a while today...like 8 hours and I got a message asking me to backup because of imminent hardware failure. The message was for the Samsung hm461ij. My question is. If I leave my computer off for a while...a couple days maybe??? Might the message go away??? And should I bother replacing it?? Or get a new machine. This one is only one and a half years old...I really want it to survive a bit more. This is is the first time I have received the message. What should I do before committing to a system restore with the system disks?? And more importantly..., before I shell out money?? Please forgive my typos...I'm using my phone because I want the laptop off. Any info would be appreciated. Also this is my first time here, and I'm an idiot that needssimple terms

Thank you

Wow surprised nobody has answered this easy question yet. Your computer is informing you that your hard drive is coming to the end of it's life. You need to save the data on your hard drive that you want to keep to a CD, external hard drive, USB, or some other media. After which point, you should probably get a new hard drive to replace your one that's going to fail.

There is nothing else you can do. The hard drive is going to fail... no if's and's or but's.

Wouldn't really suggest buying a whole new laptop though... much cheaper to just replace the hard drive.

Check www.newegg.com (best option) or www.tigerdirect.com (second best option) for a new hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom