wanting to buy a gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

LtBud

Beta member
Im willing to spend around 1800 to 2100 at most

any idea where is a good place to shop for one ?
alienware is the big brand name out there but i hear your paying more just for the logo is that true ?

im mostly looking for a 15-17 inch laptop that can handle playing battlefield3, diablo 3 whenever that comes out id like to have a laptop that can handle that on good graphics.

also has a good wireless antenna or w/e so my signal strength is strong even if outside.

my current laptop is trash for gaming and disconnects constantly

thanks for the info on the sites, after thinking on it im leaning more towards 14-16 inch laptops.
I also need the hdmi port so i can connect to the big screen for the shooters.

also would like to be able to watch blu ray movies and have memory for a nice collection maybe 10-20 movies with multiple games other then the 2 listed

My friend recently bought an 11" Alienware laptop.. Thing's fast for an 11" laptop :tongue: I suggest looking into their line of 14-16" laptops.

Laptops are tough for hard drives its not like desktops where theirs 3 tbs or enough space for 5 so its pretty slim pickings but i hear the asus zenbook is good

I hate to admit it, but the alienware laptops are pretty good, and you can find a refurbished model in the Dell outlet area and save some money as well. I have the M17X R2 that I bought last year (refurb) and only paid 1200.00 for it.

Well Newegg.com, Tigerdirect.com , Ncix.com , Microcenter.com theirs so many differnt places to buy from.

Newegg.com - MSI G Series GT780DXR-446US Notebook Intel Core i7 2670QM(2.20GHz) 17.3" 16GB Memory DDR3 1.5TB HDD 7200rpm Blu-Ray Burner NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M

Once again, I'd stay away from MSI laptops. The specs may be good, but from what I've heard, the build quality isn't.

Laptops are tough for hard drives its not like desktops where theirs 3 tbs or enough space for 5 so its pretty slim pickings but i hear the asus zenbook is good

The Asus Zenbook is NOT a gaming laptop. It runs integrated graphics (HD 3000) and as far as storage, the most internal you can get is a 256gb SSD. Of course, you can always use an external USB 3.0 HDD.

Whoops, double post. Mods, please merge with above post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom