Non-Stop Beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

NevoraskiA

In Runtime
Have a HP Pavilion a1650e here and when it's powered on, it gives non-stop beeps... beep pause beep pause beep pause on and on forever.

I was told that there's an error message that pops up on the monitor, but I don't have a VGA cord and will have to borrow 1 from my computer networking teachers tonight at school.

Wondering if maybe a part overheated, because there is a large amount of dust and spiderwebs inside of the case.

Going to get compressed air and clean out the dust and spiderwebs tomorrow, and plug it into a monitor, but was just wondering if anyone had any idea's on the beeps.

I'm currently in school for computer networking and am learning how to fix computers. This is a friend's father's computer that I am trying to fix for them. Any help or ideas much appreciated.

Yha, i giggled at that too.

Its very possible its your ram. I'd run 1 stick, or switch slots.

Yeah checking component connections was going to be my first step of troubleshooting after getting the dust out before you even posted that.

I removed the dust and took 1 stick of ram out and powered the machine on... and boom it worked... turned it off... put 2nd stick back in... turned it on... and still worked.

Guess it was just dust preventing connection of the ram stick or it just wasn't in tight. All fixed though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom