Gaming computer questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModernMessiah

Solid State Member
I am having trouble finding the right setup for me. I had all these parts laid out that I was ready to buy, but it seems like AMD is just doing terrible. I really only need the tower. I have a case that is a full size. I have an OS. I just don't know where to turn for help, or if it is even possible to stay in my range (Around $1,000-$1,500) while building a quality computer that I will not have to upgrade for a while that will run the newer games. I am fine with upgrading something a little further down the road. Just need to put something I can use today together. I know how to build a computer. The knowledge I lack is in the motherboard and graphics card department, and whether I should go with AMD or Intel. If anyone has any suggestions, or a list made up that they could post I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!

so all you need are the internals?

list to me exactly what components you need, IE, PSU, ram, mother board, etc.

and your budget for the components you need is about $1000 - $1500?

Everything in the tower.

The tower I have is a Thermaltake Chaser MK-I

I need:
RAM
PSU
GPU
CPU
Mobo
HDD
And any extra things likes fans or what not that may need to be added. Sorry, I am new to building a computer that has to do more than just surf the net.

And if I were planning to dual up on my GPU at some point would I have to up my PSU? Sorry for the questions. I really appreciate the quick answers.

we'll call that one a team effort Roark! :p
Was doing my best to ninja since I generally knew what you'd put :wink:

The PSU depends on what card you go for, 750W can handle dual AMD cards but dual Nvidias draw a little more.
If you want to go for SLi/Crossfire later yeah I'd go with an 850W
XFX C.E.P. 850W would work, cheaper than the Silverstone but not modular or as efficient.

Thank you guys for your quick responses. I really appreciate it. I am guessing it depends on the GPU how long this computer can keep up with the newer games. If this were you which card would you guys go with... Should I get two mid cards or one really good one?

its generally better to go with the best single card you can afford... cause then in a year when your system starts to get bogged down by the new games, that current bleeding edge card is only $200, throw another one in and you are good for another year plus. i try to skip a generation, my last card was a 5870, that lasted me all the way through the 6xxx series and now im going to either get a 7970 or two 7950s... or, i might go with a 6990... i am VERY torn right now! but thats my story, does no help for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom