Motherboard fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zildjian

Solid State Member
Hi all, i brought an ATX case for my Dell 4600 PC, I installed everything ok, turned on my PC, and it seemed to be working fine, untill i tryed to play one of my games and my PC just turned itself off. It did however manage to turn it back on, so i tryed playing one of my games again, but the same thing happened, it just turned off. But this time my PC wouldn't turn back on!

I changed the PSU and my PC still wont boot. I have been told its probley my Motherboard.

There is still lights working in my PC, the power light flashes on and off when the power is on.... very strange!, and there is a light on my motherboard that is working.

I have just read somewhere that dell usualy switches there wires on the PSU connector.

When i first changed everything from my Dell PC into the new case i used the PSU (300Watt) that came with the new case. And i didn't use the Dell (250Watt) PSU. I thinks thats why the motherboard might have blown.

I have just checked the wires on the PSU that came with the case and the Dell PSU, The PSU that came with the case seems to have an extra white wire.

Could this be the reason why my motherboard blew?

Zildjian

i think u have some heating issues. try openin d side panel off n letting it air. c if it shuts off when u play games.

My PC doesn't turn on at all. Is completely dead, and i don't have any other motherboard that will supports my CPU to try it on.

Check and make sure your MB is not grounded out on somthing.
The power supply isnt the cause unless it was bad from the start.
You should be able to find a manual on the MB to verify the proper front panel connections.

try using your mobo on another com, like your friends. c if it werkz. if it doesn't, then yur mobo is fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom