Change is coming to Tech-Forums !!

omg and it's funny becuase there's tons of people that hate on vb4 LOL .

I'm indifferent on it really.

We will be moving to vB 3.8 once everything is properly prepared for the move. There is no way we would even attempt to migrate everything to a different software suite unless we had to do so.

Yes, we do.

3.8 was the last release by the actual vBulletin people. Everything since then has come from a new group that was brought in after vBulletin was bought out and the original people left.

3.8 is also extremely stable and completely patched up, whereas 4.x is still buggy and full of holes.

Also, there are TONS of plugins and such for 3.8 but not that many for 4.x. Since 4.x was an almost total rewrite of the code, most of the plugins that are for 3.8 will not work with 4.x.

Every update for 4.x breaks the skins (ALL the skins for EVERYONE), requiring constant maintenance in that area. Why? Because idiots at the current vB screw with the code that handles the skins in every update...because they wrote it willy-nilly into and through everything else. Baez could tell you all about how retarded it is.

I know about all that and the vbulletin people went to form xenforo.

they were stupid to sell out tho.

I am an owner of the vBulletin 3.8 and the "new and improved" *scoff* vBulletin 4 suite. I prefer 3.8. Trotter is correct in the fact that there are tons of addons designed around it, and it is less of a hassle. Some things about the vBulletin 4 suite are improved and easier, but much of it makes life more difficult for the admins.

it seems as if vb4 is the windows vista and vb3.8.x is the windows xp of forum software and guess who windows 7 is???? IPB LOL....

Back
Top Bottom