ODBC32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. and also several other errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetness94

Baseband Member
So today my laptop could not start up for some reason. I had to make a restore CD from my desktop (also a windows 7) and use it to repair my laptop. After it repaired my laptop, when I log in i get this ODBC32.dll error. This also occurs when i try to run certain programs, how do i repair this?

Another problem i have is that the wireless network i have has now became limited access for no reason? I am still able to use the internet but for some reason it is limited access.

A third problem that has also occured is that i can no longer print things from my printer (since it is connected to my network). In my network and sharing center it says "the dependency service or group failed to start." This is in the spot where it would normally have the network map.

How can i fix these problems? They all occured after using the windows 7 64-bit recovery disk so it appears the recovery disk may have caused some of the errors, but this is by no means an area of expertise for me, can someone please help me with these errors?

Thanks

What programs are causing this problem? Cant really help if we only get part of the problem. There are 5 billions programs available for Windows. Just saying certain ones and not giving names is like shooting a BB at the stars and saying you hit one. Never seeing it actually hit.

The Network issue and printer thing sound as if you just need to reconfigure your network settings.

No this would not have been caused by the Recovery, these issues are due to a misconfiguration within Windows. You had to use the Recovery Disk for a reason, that means that there was already an issue.

well for example one of the programs is ultrasurf. I don't know if you have heard of it but it basically is a proxy server. Some other programs include msn messenger, and various other startup programs. Is there an way to replace this ODBC32.dll file with a proper one, or is it specific to each program?
Also what does limited access on a wireless network mean? It doesn't effect my internet use, but i have a feeling these errors go hand in hand because the ODBC32.dll error and the limited access wireless network appeared at the same time?

Also, i have tried to fix the printer connection but I cant seem to get it to work, how might i "reconfigure [my] network settings"?

Thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom