Hardware Noob - Looking to get a new gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driice

Beta member
Hey Tech Forums,

I'm a complete hardware newbie. I have a prebuilt ASUS gaming laptop from 4-5 years ago I bought ~ $1300. This computer hasn't been treated the best and it's had a variety of problems over the years. I'm looking to put this all behind me and get a new gaming laptop for ~$1000 that can perform as good or better than this laptop in DS condition.

Should I buy another prebuilt, or should I try to build a custom? (Keep in mind I have no hardware installation experience.) Is it hard to install hardware for a custom build Thank you for input!

+1 A step below my G74, which is an awesome laptop. Can't go wrong with this one.

-1 Stay away from the MSI laptops if possible, I've heard a lot of horror stories about them. I used one for a week, a higher end one similar to this one, and the build quality had nothing on the Asus.

I love asus products their like the sony of tvs[Sonys arnt that good anymore as they use to be samsung is better now] i have asus speakers and their hella good, I plan on getting an asus 7850 or 6850 in the future

Let me count, here. 6 ASUS boards in my experience, 2 ASUS laptops, 1 ASUS Transformer tablet, ASUS DVD Burner, ASUS BT adapter, ASUS 8800GTS. Hm, think that's it.

[Sonys arnt that good anymore as they use to be samsung is better now]

Every TV in my house is a Sony. Every TV I've ever owned was a Sony, since the time I was 13 and managed to save up enough money over the summer to buy a Trinitron. Never had a single issue with them, even the new models. I DID however, have to return a Samsung TV that I couldn't stand to watch because the picture quality was that poor compared to the Sony in the next room over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom