What cable do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

l8t4meneomatrix

Solid State Member
I'd like to add a question to that first post: This is my first time building desktop and I had a friend review all the components that I connected together and even though he hasn't built one in a while, he says that I'm missing a ribbon cable from the mother board to the internal burner. I have this PSU [Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX12V v2.31(Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular High Performance Power Supply)]
connected to the internal burner. He also mentioned that since I have 2 hard drives, I need cables that come from the internal burner to the hard drives to dictate the primary drive. Is he right? If so, which cable(s) do I need to get?

I got the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P (Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard) but it just came with 8 SATA connectors and that's about it =/ I called newegg yesterday and they said to talk to Corsair about the startup problem... thanks again kmote.

My motherboard only came with 8 SATA connectors and that was it =/ I'm thankful for the users manual but I don't get why newegg would send me a combo deal (a whole set of components including the burner and the motherboard) if they don't provide the components to make it work... Hmm, I think this is going to be another thread. Thanks again kmote for the quick response :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom