Staff member
Instead of upgrading. Giving this old stuff away :thumbsup:
What I need: Mobo, RAM, CPU, GPU, and CPU cooling
Budget: under 1k
What I have:
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=18562712

Thank you for amy suggestions :D

I could've swore I made it public... hold on :tongue:

EDIT well it doesn't look like its working and copying and pasting would take forever... so here's a screenshot

http://db.tt/oHTDzdop

Well I think what you have is already very good, I have the sabertooth and 560ti and they are great. I'm not sure what you usually do (editing, gaming or both etc.) but if your primarily gaming why not go 2500k and 8gig ram so you can get a 570 or the i7 and 8gig ram and get a 448 core 560ti that's what I personally would do. Or get an ssd using the money from downgrading the parts above.

Otherwise I think I would stick with what you have now.

EDIT:have you got a copy of windows for the new mobo?

I've been thinking about the 2500k / 2550k, but I definitely want the 16GB. I regularly hit 7.5GBs RAM usage. I use it a lot for gaming and editing (not very intensive there... 90 percent is dreamweaver and Photoshop), but more for hosting servers for me and my friends ans gaming :tongue:

Is the i7 worth the money? I keep my computers for around three years on average before they see any sort of update.

If you have it in the budget no reason not to grab the 2600K.

Don't forget to buy some 120mm fans for the H70, it doesn't come with any.

Personally would go for a Gen3 motherboard, but the main benefit is for IB, so if you're not upgrading for 3yrs we'll be in new sockets anyway.

The i7 is sold out on Newegg at the moment.. hopefully it'll be back in stock soon. Seeing as how I do have the cash in the budget, I will probably be getting the i7.

That and a different CPU cooler... the people I have talked to say the H70 water cooler is very noisy.

And about the RAM... will do. That one was the first one I found and stuck in the cart :tongue:

What CPU coolers do you guys recommend? I'm looking at around 60-70 dollars for one, preferably cheaper :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom