Computer Won't boot, Debug LED shows error AA(System in ACPI Mode, Controller in APIC mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehduder9

Beta member
Hey guys,
Im a newbie to building computers and a few days ago i build my 2nd computer. It all went well and all, installed OS, all kinds of software and the computer was working. I then bought a wifi card and a 200mm fan which i installed. After all that i went to boot up my computer and the Debug LED on my motherboard started saying AE then AA .. i looked it up and here is what they mean
AE - Legacy Boot Event
AA - Systemhas transitioned into ACPI mode, Interrupt controller is in APIC mode

I have no idea what they mean and my computer won't boot. Is it because of the things i installed or is it something else? Please Help me!:sad:

Specs: (in case you need them)
Asus Maximus IV Extreme - Z Mobo
Zotac ENGTX 570
HAF X case
Intel i7 2600
2 TB HDD
60 GB SSD
8 GB Kingston RAM
Corsair Silent Pro 800W PSU
TLink PCI Express wifi card 150 mbps
New fan is the SPECTRE PRO LED 200mm

Any sort of help in as simple as language with instructions would be HIGHLY appreciated

Thank You!

I just found out that my video card isn't working. My computer probably boots since i never checked debug leds after my computer boots. Might be an IRQ error and i will try using the other PCI-E slot tommorow .. that or otherwise my CAD 350 i just a very complicated circuit board with a fan

I'm with you partly on your pci-e slot, try the others and make sure your motherboard transmit a signal to initialize the monitor upon bootup.
May I ask how you configured your wiring setup for your pc ?
If you added on a 200mm fan and wifi-card, I would uninstall one piece of hardware at a time until you get it to power on.
Once you do this successfully and you find out which part is shutting down your computer you'll need to figure how many items you need inside of your case.

It sounds like it's demanding on too many components there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom