Weird -> some vid. cards that might beat the 6800!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
I saw these vid. cards on newegg, PCI-Express

Albatron nVIDIA GeForce PCX 5750 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV Out, PCI Express x16, Model "PC5750" -RETAIL

and the

ASUS ATI RADEON X800 XT Video Card, 256MB DDR, Dual DVI/TV-Out, PCI-E, Model "EAX800XT/PE/2DHTV/256" -RETAIL

These look really good, especially the x800 and it is on PCI-E with dual badwith even though it is already 1GHZ mem. clock. Wouldn't it beat the 6800?

you could technically take a radeon 7500 and overclock to 1ghz but it couldnt touch a current card clocked at 500 mhz... its about internal architecture and such

The best card on the market is the X800XT PE, I would bet that the X800XT would beat the 6800GT, and the X800 would beat the 6800. I like ATi more than nVidia and that is why I'm saying this. However, it is true that X800XT PE is the best card on the market.

IMO the best card to get is the 6800 GT, because it is not crippled for pipelines like the X800 pro against the XT, yet it is cheaper than most of the higher end cards, has lots of room for overclocking and even without overclocking performs better than even the X800 XT in some areas

I can see this turning into another 6800 vs. X800 thread. I can't even believe this is an argument. The 6800GT totally blows away the competition in EVERY benchmark. One would have to be pretty darn loyal to ATI to argue for them these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom