Low Latency, the lie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can also feel the difference between 2.0 and 3.0 CAS timings. Like ChaosBlizzard said, those nanoseconds DO add up.

well like I've even already said, it's not just the low latency, it's also the amount of engineering and design that went into it, the quality of the RAM chips used, and it's ability handle higher FSB and higher voltages. All that combined equals the right for the higher prices really.

Right, it's the quality of the RAM latches that allow it to reach low latencies that make them great. :p

I only buy high yield sdram for my current system. This means they have been certified to run at 150Mhz or better. :)

I only buy high yield sdram for my current system. This means they have been certified to run at 150Mhz or better.

Crazy so technically you have PC133 RAM that's just OC'd to 150 and rated at that? Or is it actually labeled PC150 SDRAM ?

Oh no, it's certified @ 150+ at CAS2. You can read about how Corsair does it here: http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/pr/PR_xms150.html

I am getting some of the Corsair XMS150 soon. I assume the MCI/MDT sdram is certified the same way..

I plan to up the voltage when I get better ram cooling and up the memory speed to 166mhz.. As my chipset allows me to seperate the memory bus from the rest of the pci/agp bus.

Wow that's pretty cool, had never even seen that. Suppose that's the beginnings of their now ever popular XMS series huh?

I'm guessing your motherboard doesn't support DDR RAM and just SDRAM or something? I mean you have faster RAM than most that are stuck at PC133, but still don't you figure it's time for an upgrade RAM wise? Even at PC150 speeds it seems like the RAM would still choke

Those memory benchmark scores are horrible lol...but i guess on an older system it's pretty good.

ChaosBlizzard said:
My system will still outperform your XP chip. :p

Take a look at my SiSandra scores in my sig.

I beat your CPU Arithmetic score..mines 10751. my laptop beats your memory score...it uses 128mb PC133 3-3-3-6...thats's odd. i only got like 25K with the multimedia check...is that video card based?

You do know that running dual processors does not double your speed correct? cuz you said "total = 2ghz". It is still 1ghz, just with half as much stress on each of the chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom