Computer Noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Hey all, i have got a problem with my PC. Thing is it used to run great, silent and fast. Problem is that now whenever i boot the machine up it makes a very loud WHIRING noise and doesn't stop. I have to switch the computer off, wait a minute and then switch it on again to get rid of the noise. (not restart, that doesn't work)

Anyone know what might be causing this problem and how i can combat it????

All drivers are updated, nothings been clocked, nothings been modified!

AMD XP 2.8, 2080ghz CPU
1024mb of Dual Channel DDR Ram
256mb FX5700
nForce 2 compatible Motherboard

- Cheers

How would i check for any errors and/or fix them?

Would it require a computer technician as I'm not too good with the whole 'tech' style of PC's

"Throw yow' fans up!..."

Sounds like your fans are causing something to rattle around in your computer. Make shure everything in your computer is screwed in tightley enough. :cool:

I gave my comp a good dusting, if it continues to rattle i'll check the insides more thoroughly and see what i can find.

Cheers

listen closing to see where it is coming from, most likely dust in your fans, or it could be your harddrive clicking (which is pretty loud) or a wire hitting a fan which makes an annoying noise and isnt too safe

Thxs for all your help, tonight when i get in i'm gonna check for the noise, then dismantle my Comp

Cheers

After i dusted it the noise seems to only occur 1/3 times and only whilst its booting up. Anyone know what the problem might be?
Is it still to do with the fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom