Feedback For New Build (And Builder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what we do here, bro!

Yeah, the 2500K should be just fine for you.

I'd get the 560Ti, dunno how much more performance that gives than the regular 560, though. Just what the norm has been over here.

As far as the cases go, I'm a little confused as to why I would want the CoolerMaster vs the Thermaltake.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Looking at it, it would appear that the Thermaltake would be the better choice. Is there something I'm missing?

On the graphics card I decided to upgrade to this one:
Newegg.com - EVGA 012-P3-2068-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 448 Cores Classified 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

To make sure, nobody has a problem then with the i5-2500K processor, the specified motherboard, the power supply, or the RAM. Is that correct?

The dimensions are a little bigger (which I like), it's lighter, it has two more USB ports, it has a key to lock your harddrives and the case from being taken apart, it has more fans in it, and it has dust screens for easy cleaning. The only plus side that I see for the CoolerMaster case is that it has two more external 5.25" bays, which I don't need.

Amd Radeon 6950 or Nvidia gtx 560ti and you shall be sweet. Maybe wait a week if you want and the 7950 should be out, might be able to get a 6970 for the price a 6950 is now if your lucky.

Ohh, I'll have to look into that! On a semi-related note, can anyone convince me which of these two motherboards is the best buy?

Newegg.ca - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I don't completely understand how one is $100 more. If someone can explain that to me that would be fan-freaking-tastic.

The Asus has more USB 3.0 ports, better onboard audio and LAN, it's bigger, and I'm pretty sure it has the UEFI BIOS. I'd go for the Asus over the Intel, if you can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom