newbie help

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwannagolf

Beta member
help! when booting windows blue screen with "welcome" on it - nothing else. no error message. hangs up there. any ideas?

rebbot your cpmputer and press F8 key to enter sofe mode!

then you can unitall and remove any program or hardware which be intalled before the blue screen appear!

then rebbot your computer and find if blue screen appear in the same way! maybe the problem has be solved!

it happened after mozilla firefox. i already did as u suggested adnd uninstalled but no change. any other thoughts?

iwannagolf,

Do you have system restore enabled? If so then try to restore your computer to the nearest 'restore point' . You can do this in safe mode too.

If that doesnt work,
Iam afraid there might be somekinda virus too ,loginto the safe mode, run adaware/anti-spyware/Anti Virus programs ,just to be on the safer side.

If that doesnt work,
Perform a 'repair' using the Microsoft Windows Xp Bootable CD.

IF that doesnt work,
Reinstall your Operating system.

Sign
Codes:)

i've done all u suggested but the bootable cd - what is that? if i reinstall os do i lose all other apps, files, etc?

iwannagolf said:
i've done all u suggested but the bootable cd - what is that? if i reinstall os do i lose all other apps, files, etc?

you can move files to other partions , then your files will be saved! , but your apps must be lost!

maybe you can do a "repair" by a boot CD before you reintall your OS

When you install your OS, you will use a WinXP Boot cd , it is the boot cd ! or it can be called install OS CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom