Radeon 4850 bad or Something else!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropdeadly

Beta member
I just recently built a PC for gaming/Personal (Mostly gaming). Ok specs are:

Ok so now that's out the way, the issue i am having is that sometimes the 4850 will show 2 red diodes when i power on my PC. And the PC will not power on what so ever, so what i have to do is turn off the power from the PSU on and off on and off till finally the card decides to kick in. Now A- It could be the card because it's old and just sucks (though when it does work its a fairly decent vid card). B- My PSU does not take kindly to the 4850 and has a hard time powering it on, now i can't see that being the problem i have a 750w PSU so their more than enough power to push the 4850.

Also i have tried both PCIE slots to make sure it wasnt the MB. I also tried diff plug on the PSU to the vid card to see if maybe their was a bad Power connection to the slots, still nothing. Any ideas guys im running out of options, but like i said It still works once the vid card decides to work. I just cant turn it off ever and its starting to get annoying.

I just recently built a PC for gaming/Personal (Mostly gaming). Ok specs are:

Ok so now that's out the way, the issue i am having is that sometimes the 4850 will show 2 red diodes when i power on my PC. And the PC will not power on what so ever, so what i have to do is turn off the power from the PSU on and off on and off till finally the card decides to kick in. Now A- It could be the card because it's old and just sucks (though when it does work its a fairly decent vid card). B- My PSU does not take kindly to the 4850 and has a hard time powering it on, now i can't see that being the problem i have a 750w PSU so their more than enough power to push the 4850.

Also i have tried both PCIE slots to make sure it wasnt the MB. I also tried diff plug on the PSU to the vid card to see if maybe their was a bad Power connection to the slots, still nothing. Any ideas guys im running out of options, but like i said It still works once the vid card decides to work. I just cant turn it off ever and its starting to get annoying.

Hmmm, let me ask you a question since you had your motherboard, did it give you any kinds of problems ?
Check which bios revision you have and see if its at default, if it is give it a new bios flash.
If you can do that successfully and your video card is still buggin, look into a new graphics card soon.
If you have a set budget under 100.00 we should be able to swing you something real good for your pc display.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M4A87TD EVO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom