FIRST TIME BUILDER - Need smart people to instruct me further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the PSU, the higher the number (Amps) on the +12v side is better. The one you have listed is good for 34Amps. I personally look for one with 50A or better. That not only gives me enough juice for max load if need be, but also future use if I want to add a GPU or upgrade something.

This is the one I just bought:
Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12II 750 SS-750AM 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Semi-modular Power Supply

the PSU is one of those things, that you get what you pay for... I'm not saying you should get top of the line, but you definitely don't want to skimp on it. The rest of your system will pay for it.

I also assume you have an OS as well? I didn't read that you had one. if not, you'll need to budget for that, unless you plan on using ubuntu, or some other type of free OS.

thx! Il get a 50w PSU then, thx for the link too il look into that was well. yea windows 7 prof disk so im good on that part thx

Which ever one you decide to purchase, make sure it's a 50A or better, not 50w :)

also, just for reference, there are PSU's out that have multiple +12V rails (as they are called) so getting a single 50A rail or a multiple 12v rails, doesn't really matter... as long as the combined Amperage is greater than 50.

For the PSU, the higher the number (Amps) on the +12v side is better. The one you have listed is good for 34Amps. I personally look for one with 50A or better. That not only gives me enough juice for max load if need be, but also future use if I want to add a GPU or upgrade something.

This is the one I just bought:
Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12II 750 SS-750AM 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Semi-modular Power Supply

the PSU is one of those things, that you get what you pay for... I'm not saying you should get top of the line, but you definitely don't want to skimp on it. The rest of your system will pay for it.

I also assume you have an OS as well? I didn't read that you had one. if not, you'll need to budget for that, unless you plan on using ubuntu, or some other type of free OS.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom