VPU speed vs OnBoard Ram ( Video Card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no, it's not going to switch textures out and back from the hard drive faster because the RAM is faster. That means it will be able to worth with the textures in the video card itself faster. But you should get the faster card. If the video card runs out of RAM for textures, it will borrow system SDRAM/DDR. That's what AGP aperture is in the BIOS.

I would get the faster card myself.

thanks for the advice, i figured a faster core would be a better idea

No problem. You would notice better performance with the faster card. Besides, you wouldn't enable all the features in a game for video anyway. Yes, it would fill up and use lots of RAM, but the card wouldn't be fast enough to keep up with it all.

what exactly do you need 256mb gfz card for Naga? i find people who play CS and older games buying 256mb vid cards when they can't even use them. I usually don't recommend a 256 card unless they can show me a program or 2 that really takes advantage of that much RAM.

that is what i was thinking, maybe some 3d cad program out there w/ alot of environment varibles - but if was doing that i wouldnt be buying a radeion card

i just a noob that needs to confirm stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom