Random Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

svyum

Solid State Member
i have a problem, my computer randomly restarts! it's really annoying, i'm in a progam, any program, Flash, Photoshop, dungeon siege, even spider solitaire, and my screen goes black and restarts, and then once i'm back onto windows, i get a ' your system has recovered from a serious error' and then when i click on it to see the details i get this....

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : FC116260 BCP3 : FC8D7E80
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

And if i click on the details thing or w/e it shows me:

C:\DOCUME~1\r0rY\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER698d.dir00\Mini111404-09.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\r0rY\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER698d.dir00\sysdata.xml

does anyone know what these files are? ^

I've read around on the internet, and i've read that it might be a memory problem, i'm considering getting some more ram but i don't want to spend the money until i know the cause for sure.

1.. you can use sfc.exe /scannow to check and fix your system files form a os install cd!

2. you can login in safe mode and del files:
C:\DOCUME~1\r0rY\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER698d.dir00\Mini111404-09.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\r0rY\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER698d.dir00\sysdata.xml

3. in safe mode ,run regedit.exe to scan and search you register table for those two files, and del the key assignments

I have met the same problem, and solved it just in the that way

trust me !

del it , then you computer will get work

del those files, it doesnt matter!

when you reboot your computer, the new dump file will be builded again! and the problem will be fixed!

I say you test your ram sticks with memtest86+ like major suggested before you go deleting stuff

Having exactly the sane problems, although improved slightly after use of AdawareSE & Spybot S&D.
How, what is memtest86+, and how is it used, where do I find it?

Please post how you get on...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom