New Linux Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's using Windows, NightFox.

As Ubuntu is based off Debian. About the most basic you can get.

Looks are personal. You can't sell a product by its looks.

The free Stuff I found last month, but thank you tho.

The reason why I want a second PC is so my other one I can dedicate to my gaming 100%. This leaves me my new pc just for programming. I heard opensuse is a really good operating system, so ill check that one out too.

Thanx again for the input tho.

Nope no windows on my new pc.

If you didn't know, you can get some Microsoft products for free as a student (all you need is a .edu email): https://www.dreamspark.com/Default.aspx
You can get Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional (if you're running off Windows).

Also, instead of buying another computer, you can just shrink your Windows (assuming its Windows) partition on your current computer, partition it, and install Ubuntu on a second partition (dual booting). I did this a couple months ago; works great.

Also, you should check out openSUSE and Linux Mint (unless you're set on Ubuntu). :) Linux Mint is based off of Ubuntu (if I remember correctly it uses the same packages/repositories as well) and I think it actually looks/works pretty well.

Dual booting is the least favorable of the options IMO.

I don't think he's using Windows, NightFox.

As Ubuntu is based off Debian. About the most basic you can get.

Debian is nowhere near "the most basic you can get". Compared to some of the other distros and comparable operating systems, it is loaded to the brim.

Looks are personal. You can't sell a product by its looks.

Apple strongly disagrees with this :)

The free Stuff I found last month, but thank you tho.

The reason why I want a second PC is so my other one I can dedicate to my gaming 100%. This leaves me my new pc just for programming. I heard opensuse is a really good operating system, so ill check that one out too.

Thanx again for the input tho.

Nope no windows on my new pc.

openSUSE is a great OS but if I were you I'd go with ubuntu.

I wish Gnome 2.x was still supported...
I'm really, really dislike the direction Canonical is going with Unity...

I'll probably still use Gnome 2.x until either it doesn't work anymore or I force myself to like Unity / whatever's available when I stop using it :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom