playing older game with a GTX 580x possible ? any SLI issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I just realize that too. Well the only game I saw that had that info Is Crysis 2. They have Minimum - Rec and Optimum(Ultra)

Wish I would find a site with those info... if you find one please tell me ;P

If you don't plan to overclock the CPU then the 2700K is no better than the 2600K and you save around £30 that way... just an fyi.

If money is not an object for you then this point is moot but... I don't think "waiting to play new games" with a single GTX 580.. well it sounds crazy to me. I play the newer stuff with a GTX 460 and I'm getting decent enough FPS. Not maxing games out, granted but they are more than playable.... and that's with an i3-550 CPU (so some performance gains may be seen when I install my new 2600K later today ^_^)

For example with this setup I can play BF3 on high settings with some framerate issues but it's playable and looks gorgeous.... so i think with a single 580 you'd be pretty safe in most newer games?

If you don't plan to overclock the CPU then the 2700K is no better than the 2600K and you save around £30 that way... just an fyi.

Just an FYI, there isn't much of a difference between the 2600k and the 2700k. It's like the i7 920/i7 930 deal. Just a higher base clock and turbo clock. And it's only higher by 100mhz. So to the OP, or whoever suggested a 2700k, go with the 2600k, and if you're only gaming, drop down to the 2500k, and save yourself some money.

I know but the 2700K from what I've read is the "best of the best" of the 2600K's

Kind of cheeky of Intel to charge an extra £30 for processors that are "above average" in the 2600K line IMO.

(This means they can reach higher overclocks as a result apparently, only what I've read)

I haven't found issues with my cards. I'm running SLI. But when issues do crop up. I just run a single card. I'm using a pair of EVGA 475s. Intel i7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom