Bought a brand new system need to know anything wrong with specs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenden

Beta member
CAS: In-Win Mana 136 Mid-Tower Gaming Case [-24]
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
CS_FAN: Default case fans
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache Power Saving 5900 RPM HDD [-20] (Single Drive)
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: Razer Arctosa Black USB Gaming Keyboard [+38]
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
MOUSE: Razer Black Naga Molten 5600 DPI USB Wired Laser Special Edition Gaming Mouse [+65]
NCSW: None
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [-50] (Major Brand Powered by AMD

Personally would get a 960T over 4100.
You might find the 5900RPM hard drive to be rather slow.
And I don't know how much you can trust an XtremeGear power supply (not that you have a choice with iBuypower/CyberPower).

I wouldnt do a 5900rpm hdd for my boot drive.

I tried it and it was just too slow for me. It was so slow that I ended up taking out the 2tb and putting in a 7200 1tb drive.

Also I have been reading that the new FX series arent anything special for the price.

well i got the tower for roughly 700, and im not looking to for tooo fast, mainly for swtor and wow on high/ ultra

well i got the tower for roughly 700, and im not looking to for tooo fast, mainly for swtor and wow on high/ ultra

For gaming, the 7200 RPM would come in handy. The higher speed would increase the loading time of just about anything. As an example, in RPG games, when you run or travel fast into a large city, at times it may take the city a second or two to load. This loading time, although having no loading screen, is partially based on hard drive speed.

I would steer away from the XtremeGear power supply as a friends caught fire just weeks after getting it.

is replacing the extreme gear really nessacary? (ive already ordered) but in your opinions your dangerous is it? cause i probaly run 4-5 hours a day pretty, and its off for the rest of the day.

Replacing it now would be hard to do, since you've already ordered. I would try though. If that's not possible, I would HIGHLY suggest buying one a higher quality one and replacing it. A low quality PSU puts your entire system at risk. Just look at this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP8nFQYQW34&list=UUPy4EQ9HhP-g9xc4yDahhnQ&index=45&feature=plcp

Replacing it now would be hard to do, since you've already ordered. I would try though. If that's not possible, I would HIGHLY suggest buying one a higher quality one and replacing it. A low quality PSU puts your entire system at risk. Just look at this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP8nFQYQW34&list=UUPy4EQ9HhP-g9xc4yDahhnQ&index=45&feature=plcp

I am posting to hit on the same points as others already mentioned. That power supply is a disaster waiting to happen. I am a huge corsair fanboy. I have never had an issue with their PSU's. Having a faulty PSU or one that is less powerful than you need can destroy your system. DO NOT risk either. Go with a reputable one. If they won't change it before arrival, send it back when it arrives and get your money back.

Also, I agree that the CPU is nothing special for the price. I switched from AMD to Intel when AMD bought ATI and haven't looked back.

When making this type of thread, allow a few days for all the forum trolls (like me) to get in here and comment. You'd be surprised how many threads some people here read and research per day.

-Draco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom