First time build-All thoughts welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

NooB999

Beta member
Ok this is my first attempt at my own build. System will be used for gaming, day to day and movie watching. Don't think I forgot anything and I think it's all compatible, but certainly could be wrong.

I cropped the quote a bit as it was quite long to be part of another post. The build looks solid. Everything is compatible from what I can see as well. I will give you some personal insight, however.

It really depends on the life expectancy of this computer. By that, I mean how long you plan to have it as your main gaming computer. If you want years of functionality, I recommend an i7 over the i5. If you plan on replacing it next year, it is a great build. My personal stance is staying one generation of hardware components behind the top tier. I built my last computer when the 500 series GTX cards came out. So, I opted for a 400 series in my build. The best cpu's and gpu's are always overpriced, so it makes sense to me to stay one generation behind because I intend to build a new gaming rig every year. That's all I have. Thanks for posting.

-Draco

If you want years of functionality, I recommend an i7 over the i5.
Sorry, but I have to disagree.

The equivalent i7 (2600K) is essentially the same as the 2500K, except it has hyper-threading and 2mb more L3 cache.
Neither of which, as of current games, gives it a leg-up over the 2500K for that purpose.
And unless he is using software that utilizes HT, won't make a difference in day to day use.

Checked out the one at ncix and they have a $30 MIR on until tomorrow, will definitely be snagging that, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom