The build:

CPU: i7 2600K (@ ~4.8Ghz)
Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3
GPU: AMD Radeon 7970 Crossfired
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz (2x8GB)
Hard drive: 160Gb SDD
PSU: ? ? ? ? ?
Cooling: not selected any yet
Monitor: no specific model selected yet (will be a 22"+ 1080p 120Hz single monitor)

N.B.
-I won't do any video encoding, graphic design and such demanding task.
-The rig will be a pure gaming single monitor 1920 x 1080p rig (single screen)
-I don't car that much of being Energy-Efficient (or should I ?) (not paying for electricity where I live at)

If it's a desktop I would recommend around 800-1000 watts for a hard-core gaming PC
Otherwise i haven't had much experience with laptops

Or if your using more generic games (Stronghold, Sims, Elder scrolls ETC) then a 300-400 watt one should work

This isn't a laptop.

I would suggest at least a 750W. I think that should be just fine. Might need more, I'm not sure about the 7xxx line.

i never build computers with anything but a corsair PSU. also, due to the 7970s new 28nm manufacturing process they consume under 300watts under full load (each)

As anyone will say, stick with a reputable brand. Don't skimp on power, it will wear out your parts faster and possibly cost you more in the long run. I recommend getting an 80 plus certified power supply so that you steer clear of most nasty pieces of junk. And yeah, stick with around 850w, it should give your psu some room to breath so it isn't being run too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom