OC research question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor777

Solid State Member
I'm doing some research on a planned new build. On my ASUS x58 sabertooth Mb,I used the auto OC feature to OC my 975 to 4.2. A buddy has the same MB but a 960 CPU. The highest it will clock is 3.8. I figured it was because I had the 975 I got a higher clock. With that said; Will a 2600k oc higher than a 2500k on the same motherboard in auto oc. (a MB for sandy bridge cpus,not the x58 MB). Thanks

Many auto OCs are based on certain situations. I believe that ASUS is based on thermals as well as the chip. They may have used preconfigured OCs combined with thermal monitoring to create a custom OC.
Why not manually overclock?
My experience with the auto OCs is that they just up the voltage and get a rough overclock. They usually are not optimal.

On my 975 the auto oc did wonders and was simple. Its been some time since I manually OC. But this may change with my next build, as from some of the photos the bios are pretty simple looking. I was just curious if the 2600k would oc better than the 2500k. From my reading the 2500k is a great gaming cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom