Graphic card.problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

guaranna

Beta member
Hello guys i really need your help about my new graphic card this one (leadtek px9500gt 512mb ddr3), my old graphic card is (pov geForce8500gt 512mb ddr2)...and ofc, my motherboard is asus m2n-x plus nFor520 ddr2-800 etc, and my monitor is samsung lcd 19''...

My problem is this...my new graphic card has 2xdvi inputs and my monitor has VGA,so i buy this thing(dvi to vga converter)

DVI-male-to-VGA-female-adapter.jpg

And when i connect everything and turn on computer i hear everything normally like fan,but there is no image on monitor only black triangles on black background(joke), my monitor is working perfectly with old graphic card but with new one
pfff.gif
,like he goes in sleep mode or something else..I dont know what to do,i already tried buying new converter but that isn't the problem.

Please guys if you know **** is this can you help me?Sry for bad english
smile.gif

You aren't using the onboard video, are you? Sounds like not, just a routine check.

Also are you certain all connections are snug? video card well seated in thee PCI-E slot, 6-pin cord from the PSU in, VGA cord from monitor to card tight, also, the adapter?

Might want to try the other port on there. May sound weird, but I've seen stranger.

As MOM suggested, make sure that you are plugged into the correct card.
Also, make sure that the BIOS is set to send video through PCI express.

Off Topic:I have had a similar situation before. Actually quite similar, I had a 8500GT die, replaced it with a 9500GT and it didn't boot and seemed to be in sleep mode. I ended up finding I had a converter that came with another video card that worked. It turned out, I had to set the BIOS to boot from the PCI video card instead of onboard. Once I set that setting, nothing. I was plugged into the onboard graphics still. Once I set BIOS to boot from PCI express and was plugged into the right VGA connection I had the problem fixed. I hope that helps you past me.
P.S. Past me, Don't buy those processors off of Ebay.

ok, thanks man i'll try that.I tried resetting CMOS and nothing but I dont know how to set the BIOS to boot from PCI express.

Usually, it will tell you on the bottom of the screen upon startup.

If not,
Immediately after turning your computer on, hold down F2
If F2 doesn't work, restart and try the following buttons:
Delete
F10
F11
F12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom